221000- Wright- Including the cities of Belmond, Clarion, and Eagle Grove 836 PM CST Mon Jan 21 2019
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TUESDAY NIGHT...
Rest of tonight Cloudy, breezy. Not as cold. Patchy blowing snow through the night. A chance of freezing drizzle and snow in the evening. Light freezing rain and snow likely after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Ice accumulation up to one tenth of an inch. Low around 15. Southeast wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday Snow possibly mixed with freezing rain through mid morning, then snow in the late morning and afternoon. Patchy blowing snow late in the afternoon. Warmer. Snow accumulation of 4 to 5 inches. A light glazing expected. High in the upper 20s. East wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northeast in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Tuesday night Mostly cloudy. Patchy blowing snow through midnight. Light snow likely in the evening, then a chance of light snow before midnight and early morning. Breezy, colder. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Low zero to 5 above. Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Colder. High 15 to 20. West wind 5 to 15 mph. Wednesday night Partly cloudy through midnight then becoming mostly cloudy. Low 5 to 10 above. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the west 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph after midnight. Thursday Mostly cloudy. Breezy. Patchy blowing snow through the day. High around 10. Thursday night Mostly cloudy. Patchy blowing snow through midnight. A 20 percent chance of light snow after midnight. Much colder. Low around 15 below. Friday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of light snow. High zero to 5 above. Friday night Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of light snow after midnight. Low around 10 below. Saturday Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of light snow. High around 10. Saturday night Mostly cloudy. Low 5 to 10 below. Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light snow. High 15 to 20. Sunday night Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of light snow through midnight. Not as cold. Low 5 to 10 above. Monday Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of light snow in the morning. High around 15.
Heavy snow Saturday in the central and eastern Midwest, and southeastern Plains. Rain will cover the southern Midwest, Southeast and the Delta. Rain and snow for the Northwest. » More DTN Weather Commentary
Posted at 1:36PM Fri Jan 18, 2019 CST
Click here to get your local weather emailed to you each day.